Pinot Noir by Most Wanted
- Grape:Pinot Noir
- Home:Hawkes Bay / New Zealand
- Style:Light bodied / Smooth
- Taste:Plums / Cherries / Hint of oak
- Food:White meat / Duck / Chinese dishes
- Awards:2016 vintage: International Wine Challenge - Commended.
- Lifestyle:Hawkes Bay 2018: not vegetarian, Waipara 2018 vintage: vegan.
- Night In:Film: Pulp Fiction / TV: Twin Peaks / Song: Gypsy
Hawkes Bay, located on the east coast of the New Zealand’s North Island – is a hotspot for red wine production, and the source of our Most Wanted Pinot Noir. This grape is a bit of a diva to grow, but some serious sunshine combined with cooling sea breezes makes for very happy grapes.
So that’s exactly where we get it from. Like most Pinot Noirs, it’s a lighter colour than many other reds, but this particular one is a fruity number, with plum and cherry flavours. It makes the drinking as happy as the grapes.
Our advice is to get yourself a lovely roast chicken or duck and get pouring. In fact, because of its lightness, it also works very nicely indeed with fish and you can serve it lightly chilled on warmer days!